Friday, March 19, 2010

Some Peculiar Allegations

Had I been your child, would you let me go wild,
Wouldn’t you teach me to be sober and mild?
Wouldn`t you tell me what’s wrong, what’s right-
When I stood ready to head for the fight?
You taught me to curse you taught me to hate
You better be sorry before it’s late!

I have been growing amidst all the ashes...
Of broken promises- torn eyelashes!
You taught me to smile when I should`ve cried
You told me to love shadows that sighed...
You taught me to suffer, you taught me to wait
You better be sorry before it’s late!

Had you let me, I would whither in peace
Wouldn’t take the trouble of being a disease
I would have believed everyone is right
Everybody someday would see the light,
You taught me to judge, you taught me to rate...
You better be sorry before it’s late

No comments: